Wednesday 3 October 2012

c.ronaldo says compairing him with lionel messi like comparing a "Ferrari with a Porsche"

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has rejected comparisons with Lionel Messi because the two have "different engine[s]".

Christiano Ronaldo in action for Madrid.
Christiano Ronaldo has spoken warmly about former club Manchester United despite losing a bet on them retaining their Premiership crown.  Photo: GETTY IMAGES
He has also admitted that he may not see out his career at Santiago Bernabeu and spoken of his warm feelings towards former club Manchester United.
The midfielder, a world record £80m transfer from Manchester United in 2009, said that although he was "very happy" in Madrid, he may look for another challenge later in his career.
"To be honest, I don't know. In the future, nobody knows," Ronaldo said.
"I feel very happy here, it is a great club with fantastic fans. It's great, but in the future nobody knows.
"I feel happy here but it one year or two, you never know. A man's head is always complicated, but at the moment I am very happy."
He added that he expected his former club to remain as "king of England" despite losing this year's title race to neighbours Manchester City.
"I saw a few days ago (City scored) two goals in the last minute, 91 and 93. I had a bet that Manchester United would win the league but I lost," he said.
"I feel very disappointed because United is still in my heart.
"City have a fantastic team now, but I think Manchester (United) will carry on being king of England in my opinion."
In a separate interview with CNN, the 27 year-old said that he had become "tired" of being compared with Barcelona forward Messi.
"Sometimes it makes me tired ... for him too because they compare us together all the time," he told CNN World Sport.
"You cannot compare a Ferrari with a Porsche because it's a different engine. You cannot compare them.
"He does the best things for Barcelona, I do the best things for Madrid, so the number (of goals) ... everyone says 'it's incredible'. For him and for me because we beat our own records, so it's amazing.
"I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the competition is so high. This is why Madrid and Barcelona are the best teams in the world because everyone pushes each other."
In this season's Spanish title race, Ronaldo hit a remarkable 46 goals in 38 appearances to help Real Madrid win the title with a 100 point haul. However he was personally eclipsed as Messi struck a remarkable 50 goals in 37 matches. Despite this, he emphasised the importance of the team's achievements this year:
"My high point is to win the title here in Madrid," he said.
"It was my first time, so I was so happy because it's my best moment here in Madrid, the most important trophy. In terms of individual, it was great for me, the goals that I scored, to break my own record ... to do 100 points in the Spanish league, which is a record too.
"It's phenomenal. I think it's hard to have a better year than this one. For me this is the most difficult league in the world. To compete with Barcelona, as everyone knows is very complicated and we beat them."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

Powered by Blogger.